ALL DAY RIDING ON TRAILS WHILE HAVING A BLAST. PERIOD.
We’ve long been skeptical of the electric assist mountain bikes out there, but when Haro got us to test ride their brand new lineup with the Shimano STePS drive unit, we instantly fell in love. We’d put in a full day’s worth of riding already on regular mountain bikes and were ready for a shower, but Haro’s product manager insisted we give it a try right then. We eventually caved in and went for a spin figuring we’d do a short 1-mile loop just to make the guy happy. An hour later, we were still riding… With big grins on our faces…
Whether you’re an expert mountain biker or your younger riding years are behind you and you just want to keep up, this e-assist mountain bike is sure to let you have as much fun as you can possibly handle. And, to top it all off, it’s a rock-solid ride that has you feeling secure on the trails.
Turn up the volume with the Haro Subvert I/O series. Extra wide Plus tires and taller 27.5″ rims roll smooth and true when the terrain is anything but. Hydraulic disc brakes reduce braking distance providing total confidence diving into turns. Equipped with Shimano’s all-new STePS MTB specific E8000 drive, Subvert I/O is equally at home bombing up or down trails or cruising the backcountry on a day-long adventure.
Shimano STePS E8000 Drive Unit
The top-of-the-line electric assist drive unit from Shimano that’s newly released this model year in the US market. Gone are the unnatural kicks and leftover power boosts, this drivetrain let’s you forget you’ve got electric assist.
- 250W drive unit offering up to 70Nm of torque
- 500Wh Lithium Ion battery
- Chainset with Hollowtech II style interface
- Di2 compatible
- Same Q-factor as a normal chainset (meaning your stance on the pedals remains unchanged from a non-assist mountain bike
- Subvert i/O X6 Aluminum frame for Shimano STePS E8000 motor, Tapered head tube
- Suntour Raidon 34mm, Boost LOR-DS 27.5″ Plus fork, 120mm travel, 15mm thru-axle, w/ hydraulic lockout
- Shimano STePS E8000 drive unit / 250 Watts / 70Nm Torque, 504 w/h STePS E8000 battery
- Shimano Deore RD-6000, 10-spd, Shadow Plus rear derailleur, Deore 10-spd, 11-42T Cassette
- Shimano E8000 crankarms, forged, 38T chainring
- Shimano M395 hydraulic disc brakes, 180mm rotors