INNOVATION DRIVEN. RACE PROVEN.
Irwin designs and manufactures a highly distinctive range of wheelsets for the most demanding cyclists around the world. Their unique expertise and attention to detail is unparalleled. For those tired of hearing “Zipp” this and “Zipp” that, Irwin is for you.
- Rim Profile: 38mm deep profile tubeless ready UD full carbon clincher
- External / Internal Width: 26mm / 18mm
- Spokes: Front 20; Rear 24. Sapim CX-Ray. Black
- Hub: 6 pawls, 3 ̊ engagement. Ceramic bearings
- Interchangeable with Campagnolo cassette body
- 6 sealed cartridge ceramic bearings (2F + 4R) reduce friction and maximize product longevity
- External nipple design for easy maintenance
- Hand-built with precision and preinstalled with TLR rim tape
- Color Option: Classic Silver or Stealth
- UCI Approved
RACE PROVEN, SEAMLESS SYSTEM
Irwin wheels are race proven by both Pros and Cyclo Sportif riders alike. Designed as a seamless integrated system, Irwin’s hand-built wheels are rigorously tested in their in-house ILAB facility and on the open roads to deliver the ultimate riding experience every time.
As a complete wheel system, they harmonize the stiffness of each component. Customized carbon layup and resin compound creates a radially stiff rim. Wider hubs and taller flanges create an optimal bracing angle for exceptional lateral wheel stiffness. Tried and tested lacing patterns provide torsional stiffness and guarantees pure acceleration during maximum effort. All of these characteristics work together in harmony for efficient power transfer in every stroke.
Quality rims are just part of their DNA. They put the same obsession into their original designed hubs with carefully tested bearings to withstand the demands of the road. Each shell is thoroughly tested and measured at every stage of the R&D process. The result is a precision-machined lightweight hub that is reliable and durable for ultimate performance.
IRWIN 6 pawl freehubs have a unique 6 pawl/60 ratchet design for rapid engagement and efficient power transfer. The staggered ‘two group’, set of pawls drive the freehub independently where three pawls are always engaged, while the other three pawls are preloaded to reduce drag and still retain a responsive 3 degree engagement. Whether you’re blazing flowy singletrack in Colorado or sprinting in the last 200 meters of a road race, precious watts are applied all the way to the finish line.
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Rim Type: Tubeless Ready Clincher
- Rim Depth: 38mm
- Rim Internal Width: 18mm
- Rim External Width: 26mm
- Rim Finish: UD Finish
- Spoke Type: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke Count (Front/Rear): 20/24
- Spoke Pattern: Radial/2x-2x
- Front Hub: 2 Sealed Cartridge Ceramic Bearings
- Rear Hub: 4 Sealed Cartridge Ceramic Bearings with 3 Degree Engagement. Interchangeable with Campagnolo Cassette Body.
- Nipple Type: Brass
- Assembly: Hand-built
- What’s Included: Irwin QRs, Irwin tubeless ready valve stems, Irwin extension valves, Irwin carbon rim brake pads, 11 speed convert to 10 speed spacer
- Front Wheel Weight: 645g
- Rear Wheel Weight: 880g