Bicycling Magazine April 2018 Wish List Pick
LIGHT AND STRONG DIRT-TUNED CARBON.
For 2018 the Masi CXR Series returns with a line of bikes designed to toe the line in the dirt. Masi’s Dirt Tuned Carbon and Alloy frames have been created to outperform the competition and take whatever the course slings at you. Modern features such as flat mount brakes, thru-axles and convertible cable routing combined with the ability to run wider tires (up to 40mm on the CXRc series, and 35mm on the alloy CXR) with plenty of mud clearance and fenders to transform the bikes into all-season, all-condition vehicles. Proven in the most grueling CX races, as well as more adventurous events like the Belgian Waffle Ride and Dirty Kanza.
- Dirt Tuned MC9 carbon frame, 12mm thru-axle, Di2 compatible, BB86, internal routing, 1.5″ tapered headtube & flat-mount disc brake
- Dirt Tuned MC9 full carbon fork, 12mm thru-axle, internal brake routing, flat-mount brake
- Shimano 105 shifters & derailleurs
- Tektro Spyre-C dual piston mechanical disc brakes for all-condition stopping
- Brev. M 3D forged cockpit
- Tubeless-ready Brev. M CXR disc rims with 21mm internal width
- Tubeless-ready Kenda Small Block 8 tires – just add tape & valve!
- Praxis Works Alba M24
- Clearance for up to 40mm tires – with room for mud!
- Belgian Waffle Ride proven!
Upgrades from CXR Expert
- Dirt Tuned MC9 full carbon fork & frame
- Masi Dirt Tuned MC9 full carbon, 12mm thru-axle, internal brake routing, flat-mount brake